Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 16 - It's awesome to be a dad!

Had a wonderful Fathers day with my my daughter today.
19 years later and I'm still amazed to be a dad. I squeeze her arm and say " Your my daughter.. isn't that amazing?" (well for me it sure is!~ and can only hope the feeling is mutual!)
To hear someone address you as dad...What a blesssing! Dad. hmm..
I never thought I could be a dad because of my disability... The doctors couldnt tell me anything nay or yay.
I didn't even know if my condition was hereditary or not.
I know scoliosis can be (which is one of the things I have) but not the arthrogyposis etc.
She's healthy and smart and beautuful and loving...  and  and  and...  all the good stuff one could say!
This little life that fit perfectly between the cusp of my hand and the bend of my arm... grew up into this young lady in a blur of time. It seems like only a few short years ago she was a baby!
I'll keep this Blog entry short too.. just for you Kayla!
I love you my baby girl.. you're the best daughter a daddy could have!
You make me so happy and so proud.... you mean the world to me!
xoxoxoxo
share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment