Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 30 - da Blues blues

Having a rough day today….dang
.

So much to sort out it’s quite maddening.
Blues fest, the most fun, coolest event of the season in Ottawa.. starts In 2 days and I’m thinking that I’ve got too many things to get in order to go…the main one is making a living!
I used to make great coin from shooting.
Now? I’m getting tired of covering things where there’s no respect for the rights of the artists, the event etc. and Anyone can shoot and sell pics to whomever they want, for whatever they want and/or free of course.
I refuse to steer from that so I seem to have chosen to go down with a sinking ship with all my idealisms.
I’m really missing out on the pleasure of shooting because the stress of trying to survive is kill’n me!
For some reason the ever so fast approaching festival is hitting me the hardest of ANYTHING yet!
It’s my favourite event to cover, not only because of privileged opportunities granted that I worked very hard to gain credibility as freelancer.. but it’s also a big honour to get paid legitimately from my outlet for shots when things are event is already well covered by many talented that are assigned!
Of course the hardest part to miss out on is the friends I’ve made over the years., ones that are the backbone of the festival and keep everything going!
It’s like a family reunion! Well what one should be like I guess I don’t go to family reunions… but that’s another story, and my own personal blues festival!
Seeing I can’t sing I’ll spare you the song and dance.
I do enough of that on here as it is!
No matter what I post here.. I really try to be positive all the time.
Man.. when you stop doing that…. it’s like life will throw a wet blanket over you and start beating you with sticks! Then anyone that cares enough to help lift you up, start getting hit with your sticks too.
when they have their own sticks to fight off.
I’m trying to be real and open with my postings so that those that “may” be following get a better sense of who I am and what I’m going through trying to make it in this world while trying to be spectacular at it as well! And, of course why I really feel like I need something grander to pursue outside of the box!
Something to revive me!
share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment