Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 32 - On a Day Like Today......the whole world can change

Man I really needed what I got out of yesterday!


Life lessons are really forcing me to make adjustments in my mentality.
I have a tendency to be a little care free and try not to worry about anything. I just live one day to the next and hope for the best or better the next day. I believe worrying is extremely counterproductive to ANY situation. However… there are things that should be of concern.
Involve yourself more in a particular situation, in efforts to make it better.
If you “think” you’ve done all you can to make a challenging situation better that absolutely needs to get better… DO MORE.
There are certain things that require extreme amount of discernment and perhaps the best thing to do is mediate and dissolve. The most important thing in that option is mediate.
Ever since I’ve invested EVERYTHING in pursuing my career as a professional photographer I’ve been on the craziest rollercoaster ride of my life!
I’ve been more financially successful at almost everything else! BUT… I can’t help myself but stay in this field, often at my own detriment. I always feel it’s leading me somewhere.
I know I’d enjoy it more if I had another job or source of income.. but I actually believe I produce better results when it’s all I’ve got to survive on.
If I don’t keep producing some sort of “purchase worthy” images to show what I can do… I don’t survive! Simple!
But that good ol “market” thing…just keeps beating me down and frustrating me to unbearable levels!
I know dwelling on it or complain makes no difference either.. so what’s one to do? Give up?
Is it only the strong survive.. or the ones that can afford to shoot for fun and make a few bux here and there but flood the market with free or cheap images at same time.
NO! I believe I’m better than that! I just need to do MORE!
I’ve got more than financial stability can buy…or easily acquired google/book techniques… or even shared opportunity of access!
I’ve got a heart burning (an inferno) desire to take on a responsibility as a person with obvious challenge and kick some serious ass! (sorry I mean no offence and was going to say arse… but today arse doesn’t cut it) I want everyone facing challenge to stop being a victim and rise out of it!
Don’t let challenges (physical, mental, emotional etc) empower you and keep you prisoner.
I know this suggestion is off topic but really feel led to mention it… A great deal of victory.. if not all of it can be found in forgiveness! It’s not for them t’s for you. Some will never change or even honour forgiveness, and because of that you need to forgive them more because you will be held captive by them your whole life.. even more so after they’re long gone.
Ok Ok… I’m off the preacher box. Dang where’d that all come from? I want more!

Screw the crappy “don’t feel like posting” days.
Today’s photos are from two front pages I made today. This was encouraging ;)
.
.
July 6,2010 - B1- Gene Simmons of KISS from Last years Ottawa Bluesfet.
July 6,2010 - D1 http://www.ottawacitizen.com/health/Deaf+woman+gets+respect/3239108/story.html

share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment