Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 24 - Byward blues

Ouch…!

Went checking out Ottawa’s Byward Market scene for potential locations for doing a chalk mural.
Ottawa has really but a stranglehold on the busking situation in town .. It’s insane!
250 bux I think it is for a permit to Busk.
There is only busking in a very limited number of locations within the Market on one hour rotations.
Chalk artists are excluded from time limit but there are only 2 spots you can chalk.
350.00 fine if you don’t have a permit.
I’d hate to be ignorant of that law and roll into town with your balloon animal show!
There should be some regulation though..moreso on the panhandling then buskers/street performers, however...the monopoly and/or over population of spots can be a bummer.
If you’ve got a good attraction going.. you’ll find others will move in on your crowd lol..
There’s a lot of odd things going on in the streets where people compete for attention.
I got robbed once. Some crack head reached in my hat ( I’ll place a hat at tip of my murals for people to drop some funds if they like what I do) grabbed a bunch of cash and ran leaving a trail scattering coins.
A buddy was going to chase him down but I just told him to relax.. Nothing will teach that dude a lesson that life isn’t already trying to teach him now being where he’s at. It’s why he just did what he did.
I actually like doing my chalk murals.. but it’s all the negative connotations that goes with it that detours me from doing it more.
It’s another thing I thought about doing.. traveling with my street art.
But my goal was to make enough money to survive plus save up for some pro cam gear.
My posts have been reflecting me off in lala land the past while.. sorry.
I’m really struggling with the means to raise serious coin.. and it’s sort of stressing me out.
Well. Not sort of… it is stressing me out..
2 more days! Better figure out what the heck I’m going to do!
Gasp!
share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment