Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 26 Part 2 - Pressure makes Diamonds!

**2:20 pm


Dang... really peaking stress wise.
I Just picked up my credentials for Canada day photo ops.
And Got my chalk art spot ready for me at CHUM parking lot.
(high-5 steve w)
Gets me around the 250 permit.. but I am concerned about traffic flow.

It's freakn crazy trying to think this all out and strategize.
The most I’ve made on one of my murals is almost 1800 bux over the weekend.
Canada day the potential is double or triple for buskers.
Thing is I’m experimenting with new approach with this piece and I’m not sure how it will be received. Because of tight timeline plus trying to shoot at same time I need to sketch out my mural on a piece of wood or paneling and do the whole thing on there instead of sidewalk.
It’s the same product but people seem more fascinated with sidewalk art.
On my end I’m safer if it rains.. I also don’t have to worry about the street sweepers who LOVE driving over my work (even if it makes a bigger mess with a long trail of chalk mural GUTS across the pavement), and the people that openly protest to you taking up valuable city property and walk all over your work (trust me it happens).
And heck.. maybe someone would want to buy the whole thing?
Can’t sell city-owned sidewalk slabs.. (not sure if permit gives me that right)
If this does work? Man! I’m into doing this every day if I can, at least on weekends when it’s busy downtown
I really need to get into a better financial situation.
On my way home today I almost got side-tracked to cover queens stop at NAC … it’s funny how I can get pulled off course by gathering crowds, media scrums, any fleets of vehicles with flashing lights etc… like a dog calmly strolling along then all of a sudden sees a ball or stick fly by it’s face.

Have to go now
.. have to try and get my materials together and sketch out design…
I did 2 concepts not sure which one I’ll do… each are pretty funky! :)
share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment